19 February 2008

Buddy system: Buddy, what buddy?

I wouldn't call myself an adventurer.

Sky-diving?
Out-door rock climbing?
Camping?
Eh, no thanks. I'm too young to die.

I am active, nonetheless. And skiing comes on top as one of my favourite winter trips to make. Skiing/snowboarding is probably more a group than a solo activity.

Things I enjoy the most about the skiing:
- Hitting the slopes early, before the crowds. Going for the fresh show before they are skiied out.
- Not waiting for meet-ups at rendez-vous points.
- Conversing with fellow gondola riders.
- Squeezing into the lone free window seat at the summit lodge for lunch.
- Not having to wait for space to free up at the Aprés Ski happy hours.
- Women's night specials. Need I say more?
- Meeting and mingle with all sorts of people in the bars.
- Getting the upgrade at the hotel, in event of a last-minute cancellation.

Favourite locations:
- Whistler-Blackcomb, British Columbia, Canada
- Beaver Creek, Colorado, US
- Telluride, Colorado, US
- Snowshoe, West Virginia, US

Some day, I'll make it to the Alps....

No comments: