04 November 2009

Cooler weather indeed

An email I sent to my family this morning:

It's very cold the past couple days... I think it is actually below 80, adding on a gusty wind(chill) of 10degrees off. So don't forget to pack your mittens and parkas when you come to Thailand in Dec.

My father replied with a flash of rare wit:

It's very cold the past couple days... I think it is actually below 40, adding on a gusty wind(chill) of 10degrees off. So don't forget to pack your mittens and parkas when you come home for Thanksgiving.

It is almost as if Koy Lathrong marked the end of humidity. The next day, the temperature dropped at least 15° Fahrenheit, compounded with strong gusty winds, cloudy skies, and a half the usual humidity due point. It didn't mark the end of the rainy season as it rained last night, although not thundering style as is the norm. I reveled in shivering and opting to walk the entire way home.

Ohh, I hope it will a be a long dry cold season!

No comments: