09 August 2010

Seriously? How can you not know a peach?

A couple of colleagues were off to Beijing this month and I told them to definitely try the white peaches. They are in season and if my recollection is worth its salt, the peaches are some of the best I've ever had.

The guys emailed me.. "We can't find them anywhere."
Then followed by an accusatory  "You should have said they were pink, not white!"

What? How can you not know what a white peach looks like? They are available in American supermarkets every summer. Please don't tell me if I told you to buy a white peach, you wouldn't know what I'm talking about??? Have they just pulled off a very guy behaviour of not knowing their foods?

Apparently they searched all over without results because they were just looking for something that's just white. It's been a while since I've been to Beijing, but I recall not being able to walk anywhere without tripping over a stall of peaches. And given that the white peach is shaped like a peach, couldn't they just have started with a "I wonder if this is it?"??

So, folks, take a good look and remember this!

No comments: