from the "about: bangkok" 'the ultimately free commuter guide' v 23 Feb 09. I couldn't find an online site for this publication otherwise I would have posted a link instead of fat-fingering this out. This list is aimed at farang men who want to date a "proper Thai girl." Funny preface that author uses for that proper Thai girl is an introduction of "I am a pure Thai girl who is born in Bangkok and was raised like old proper Thai lady (you can imagine of Audrey Hepburn in Sound of Music)." Oh, all typos in the list, are not my typos.
1. Don't arrive at you meeting place after her on the first date.
2. Don't invite her to a bar on your first date and certainly....
3. Don't ask her to bed after your first date.
4. Don't misunderstand if she takes her friend along on your first couple dates, she's still a little afraid of you.
5. Don't sweet-talk too much with "Oooh, you are the only one I love.."etc, or she'll think you're a playboy.
6. Don't visit her parents' home if you don't want to take the relationship too seriously, she doesn't want to lose face if you leave her.
7. Don't buy her chocolates or sweets she doesn't want to be overweight for you!!.
8. Don't invite her for a romantic walk along the beach or park she doesn't want to be too darkened for you too!!
9. Don't go complaining about all things Thai, or she won't understand why you chose to live here.
10. Don't dress like you stay along Khao Sam Road, she wants to feel proud of you.
(context: Khao Sam is also known as 'backpackers' road' so the dress code would be very very casual)
11. Don't tell her about any naughty past adventures in Pattaya, or she'll worry that you will be getting up to some more naughty tricks again soon.
12. Don't tell dirty jokesand swear out loud, she likes a polite man.
13. Don't shout at the waitress when she gets your order wrong, she doesn't want you to get all serious!!
14. Don't boast that you have this and that, she's heard it all before.